Florence and the Machine Debut Official Video for 'Lover to Lover'
English indie rock band Florence and the Machine premiered their new clip for the track "Lover to Lover" on Monday, November 19 on the site Nowness.com. The new single is taken from the band's second studio album titled "Ceremonials", which was released in October 2011.
The Vincent Haycock-directed video has a lot of tension-filled moments and sequences showing lead vocalist Florence Welch engaging in acrimonious discussion with her on-screen partner, Ben Mendelsohn. Scenes start out mellow and present a rather mundane daily life for the couple until fights and arguments between the two start escalating and things get thrown around, Welch starts a fire, and she eventually gets swallowed up by the ocean in a washed-out California beach town.
According to 26-year-old Welch, the video shoot was really an emotional ordeal. "It was completely improvised. I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating - afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable," she shared.
Welch also talked about the frightening ocean scene she had to shoot and recalled, "The waves were enormous, it was freezing cold and four in the morning - I was weeping all the way in I was so scared. It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up and dove into the sea."
Florence and the Machine's "Lover to Lover" Music Video
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy