Florence and the Machine Debut Official Video for 'Lover to Lover'
English indie rock band Florence and the Machine premiered their new clip for the track "Lover to Lover" on Monday, November 19 on the site Nowness.com. The new single is taken from the band's second studio album titled "Ceremonials", which was released in October 2011.
The Vincent Haycock-directed video has a lot of tension-filled moments and sequences showing lead vocalist Florence Welch engaging in acrimonious discussion with her on-screen partner, Ben Mendelsohn. Scenes start out mellow and present a rather mundane daily life for the couple until fights and arguments between the two start escalating and things get thrown around, Welch starts a fire, and she eventually gets swallowed up by the ocean in a washed-out California beach town.
According to 26-year-old Welch, the video shoot was really an emotional ordeal. "It was completely improvised. I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating - afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable," she shared.
Welch also talked about the frightening ocean scene she had to shoot and recalled, "The waves were enormous, it was freezing cold and four in the morning - I was weeping all the way in I was so scared. It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up and dove into the sea."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says