Florence and the Machine Debut Official Video for 'Lover to Lover'
English indie rock band Florence and the Machine premiered their new clip for the track "Lover to Lover" on Monday, November 19 on the site Nowness.com. The new single is taken from the band's second studio album titled "Ceremonials", which was released in October 2011.
The Vincent Haycock-directed video has a lot of tension-filled moments and sequences showing lead vocalist Florence Welch engaging in acrimonious discussion with her on-screen partner, Ben Mendelsohn. Scenes start out mellow and present a rather mundane daily life for the couple until fights and arguments between the two start escalating and things get thrown around, Welch starts a fire, and she eventually gets swallowed up by the ocean in a washed-out California beach town.
According to 26-year-old Welch, the video shoot was really an emotional ordeal. "It was completely improvised. I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating - afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable," she shared.
Welch also talked about the frightening ocean scene she had to shoot and recalled, "The waves were enormous, it was freezing cold and four in the morning - I was weeping all the way in I was so scared. It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up and dove into the sea."
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight