TV Legends Norman Lear and Alan Alda Honored at 2012 International Emmys
The International Emmy Awards recognized the works of Norman Lear and Alan Alda at its 40th annual ceremony. The gala, which took place Monday, November 19 at the Hilton New York Hotel, honored the television legends with Special Founders Awards.
Toward the end of the show, Ryan Murphy took the stage to present the awards to "All in the Family" creator Lear and "M*A*S*H" actor Alda. He called them "two of my idols, guys who really did change the face of television and thus the world."
Murphy himself was handed with International Founders Award earlier that night. He received the award from Jessica Lange, who stars on his hit TV series "American Horror Story".
The event also honored the excellence in television production outside the U.S., with the winners spanning six countries this year. The United Kingdom bagged two, for best TV movie or miniseries "Black Mirror" and best documentary "Terry Pratchett: Choosing to Die."
Brazil also grabbed two kudos, for comedy series "The Invisible Woman" as well as "The Illusionist" which was named outstanding telenovela. Argentina took home both acting prizes, which went to "Television x La Inclusion" stars Cristina Banegas and Dario Grandinetti.
France won the best drama series prize for "Braquo season 2", Germany claimed a victory through "Song of War" win for outstanding arts programming, and Australia snatched a non-scripted entertainment award for its version of "The Amazing Race".
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up