Sarah Jessica Parker and Gerard Butler Are Confirmed Hosts for Nobel Peace Prize Concert
"Sex and the City" actress Sarah Jessica Parker and "Playing for Keeps" star Gerard Butler have been confirmed to host the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize Concert. The gig is set to take place at Oslo's Spektrum Arena on December 11.
The two artists will soon have their names on the list of previous concert hosts, which include big name celebrities like Liam Neeson, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise and Oprah Winfrey. Helen Mirren and Rosario Dawson were last year's presenters.
In an official statement, Parker said, "It's such a privilege to be part of this year's Nobel Peace Prize Concert. I am honored to be sharing the stage with such amazing performers to promote the power of peace around the world."
Recently named performers for this year's concert were Jennifer Hudson and Seal. Pop diva Jennifer Lopez and "Diamonds" hitmaker Rihanna were among past performers on the show.
For this year, the Nobel Peace Prize Committee will present the award to the collective European Union "for having over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe."
Other notable past recipients of the prestigious award are Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Barack Obama, Kofi Annan and Al Gore. The Nobel Peace Prize honors individuals and groups who exemplify leadership and promote peace in the world.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'