Sarah Jessica Parker and Gerard Butler Are Confirmed Hosts for Nobel Peace Prize Concert
"Sex and the City" actress Sarah Jessica Parker and "Playing for Keeps" star Gerard Butler have been confirmed to host the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize Concert. The gig is set to take place at Oslo's Spektrum Arena on December 11.
The two artists will soon have their names on the list of previous concert hosts, which include big name celebrities like Liam Neeson, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise and Oprah Winfrey. Helen Mirren and Rosario Dawson were last year's presenters.
In an official statement, Parker said, "It's such a privilege to be part of this year's Nobel Peace Prize Concert. I am honored to be sharing the stage with such amazing performers to promote the power of peace around the world."
Recently named performers for this year's concert were Jennifer Hudson and Seal. Pop diva Jennifer Lopez and "Diamonds" hitmaker Rihanna were among past performers on the show.
For this year, the Nobel Peace Prize Committee will present the award to the collective European Union "for having over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe."
Other notable past recipients of the prestigious award are Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Barack Obama, Kofi Annan and Al Gore. The Nobel Peace Prize honors individuals and groups who exemplify leadership and promote peace in the world.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective