Kevin Clash Accuser Insists He Didn't Lie and Wants Out of Settlement
The voice of "Sesame Street" famous character Elmo, Kevin Clash, has a new problem on his hands. Just when he thought that he could quietly resume his life once again and go back to work, a new twist happens in his case.
According to a report from TMZ, Sheldon Stephens, the struggling actor/model who accused the 52-year-old puppeteer of having sex with him while he was underage, insists that he did not lie about his story. He now also wants to undo the settlement deal he signed just a few days ago.
The 23-year-old Stephens also claims that he did not want to sign the agreement in the first place, but was pressured to do so at that moment. He regrets signing the deal and is now talking to lawyers in Los Angeles who could help him undo his actions.
In the settlement agreed upon by the two sides earlier, Clash allegedly agreed to pay his accuser $125,000 for him to publicly retract his underage sex claim. Though Stephens signed the agreement, sources revealed to TMZ that he was literally crying throughout the final negotiations with Clash's lawyers and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.
With this new turn of events, Stephens is now saying to his lawyers that he is willing to forfeit the $125,000 in order to restore the dignity of his name. Meanwhile, Clash's lawyers said he would have no comment on the settlement story.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13