Bruno Mars Evokes Michael Jackson and Prince in New Track 'Moonshine'
Bruno Mars seems to be living up to his new album's theme of unorthodox music as the soul/R'n'B singer releases his new single titled "Moonshine" and evokes some Michael Jackson and Prince vibes throughout the track. The classic 80's inspired tune is the follow-up to Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Young Girls", all taken from his upcoming LP, "Unorthodox Jukebox", due December 11 in U.S. stores.
Mars starts off the song talking about escaping to ecstasy with his lover and heading off to the star-filled skies for something incredible that night. The chorus then comes in with that classic bass thumping, moon-walk evoking, "Oh moonshine, take us to the stars tonight/Take us to that special place/That place we went the last time, the last time."
"Moonshine" is definitely not something audience commonly listen to in the current music scene, but the 27-year-old Grammy Award winner is able to successfully pull the modern listeners into the groove of this mid-tempo disco track and actually make them intoxicated with it.
Mars shows off his smooth vocal abilities in the song that also makes him sound very much like Michael Jackson during his prime. The singer admits, though, that it was Prince who was the main influence during the song's recording.
"We drank it all night, then headed to the studio - Jeff got on keyboards, Mark starts playing electronic drums that sound like '80s Prince and I started screaming, 'Moonshine, take us to the stars!'," Mars told Rolling Stone in a recent interview.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed