AC/DC Change Stance on Digital Sales and Release Entire Album on iTunes
Australian hard rock band AC/DC are finally making their brand of music available as digital downloads. The announcement came from Colombia Records and Apple on November 19 and confirmed that the legendary band's entire catalog will now be available for the first time ever and exclusively on iTunes Store worldwide.
A total of sixteen studio albums are set for release on the online music site. These include AC/DC's 1976 debut "High Voltage" and the groundbreaking classic "Back in Black", which is already in the Top 30 on iTunes' top albums chart. Another four live albums and three compilation albums are also available for hardcore AC/DC fans on iTunes.
According to a statement from the band's website, all the songs were mastered for iTunes and have "increased audio fidelity." Listeners can choose from two kinds of digital packages: "The Complete Collection", which is the complete iTunes-exclusive AC/DC catalog, and "The Collection", which includes all 16 studio albums. Buyers can also choose to download just a full album or individual songs.
Until Monday's announcement, AC/DC were one of the few acts that would not release music through any digital outlet. Two more artists, country star Garth Brooks and rocker Kid Rock, remain grounded on their decision not to make their backcatalog available for downloadable versions. However, Rock has recently made a move to have his new album "Rebel Soul" released via iTunes.
More AC/DC News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby