Video: 'SNL' Spoofs Guy Fieri's Reaction to Harsh Review of His Restaurant
Guy Fieri almost became a part of a November 17 edition of "Saturday Night Live", where Jeremy Renner took the hosting duty and spoofed his movie "The Avengers". Though he didn't show up in person, the celebrity chef was portrayed by Bobby Moynihan in "Weekend Update" which was taped during dress rehearsal.
The sketch was never aired, but "SNL" has posted it online. It shows the fake Fieri stopping by the Seth Meyers-featuring segment to read Pete Wells' review of his new restaurant published by The New York Times.
Fieri is initially excited that his eatery is reviewed by the publication. "I'm happier than butter on gravy Seth! I can't believe the New York Times reviewed my new restaurant!" Moynihan's Fieri states.
His mood, however, drastically changes once he reads the harsh criticism. "Oh no... oh no... that's not off the chain. I'm feeling pretty half throttle," he says. "I've never felt sicker in my life, Seth."
Claiming that he never thought The New York Times would like his restaurant, he adds, "Did they think they would like it? I wear flames on my shirt and I don't bleach my roots. That doesn't exactly scream haute cuisine." He goes on concluding, "The New York Times reviewing my restaurant is like Architectural Digest reviewing a college dorm."
In his review, critic Pete Wells wrote that Guy Fieri's new restaurant in Times Square had a confusing menu. He described the menu as being "where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex," and gave the place zero stars and poor rating.
Fieri quickly fired back at the criticism, saying on "Today" show, "I thought it was ridiculous; that to me was so overboard." The Food Network star went on slamming Wells, "It's a great way to make a name for yourself - go after a celebrity chef who is not a New Yorker."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash