'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Teaser: The Great War Between Ice and Fire
It's still months away from the premiere date of "Game of Thrones" season 3, but HBO is already teasing the upcoming installment. The network has released a teaser video, which features the show's return date, March 31, 2013.
Featuring no footage from the new chapter, the video hints at what to expect when the show returns. "The great war is between death and life, ice and fire," says a female narrator. "If we lose the night will never end."
The third season of "Game of Thrones" will be based roughly on the first half of "A Storm of Swords", the third installment of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels. It will introduce a host of new characters, such as Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds), Jojen Reed (Thomas Sangster), Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick), Brynden Tully a.k.a. the Blackfish (Clive Russell) and Olenna Tyrell a.k.a. the Queen of Thorns (Diana Rigg).
Production kicked off in July and took place in several filming locations, Belfast, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco. The critically-acclaimed medieval series recently tapped Coldplay's drummer Will Champion to make a cameo appearance.
More Game of Thrones News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway