'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Teaser: The Great War Between Ice and Fire
It's still months away from the premiere date of "Game of Thrones" season 3, but HBO is already teasing the upcoming installment. The network has released a teaser video, which features the show's return date, March 31, 2013.
Featuring no footage from the new chapter, the video hints at what to expect when the show returns. "The great war is between death and life, ice and fire," says a female narrator. "If we lose the night will never end."
The third season of "Game of Thrones" will be based roughly on the first half of "A Storm of Swords", the third installment of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels. It will introduce a host of new characters, such as Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds), Jojen Reed (Thomas Sangster), Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick), Brynden Tully a.k.a. the Blackfish (Clive Russell) and Olenna Tyrell a.k.a. the Queen of Thorns (Diana Rigg).
Production kicked off in July and took place in several filming locations, Belfast, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco. The critically-acclaimed medieval series recently tapped Coldplay's drummer Will Champion to make a cameo appearance.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie