'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Teaser: The Great War Between Ice and Fire
It's still months away from the premiere date of "Game of Thrones" season 3, but HBO is already teasing the upcoming installment. The network has released a teaser video, which features the show's return date, March 31, 2013.
Featuring no footage from the new chapter, the video hints at what to expect when the show returns. "The great war is between death and life, ice and fire," says a female narrator. "If we lose the night will never end."
The third season of "Game of Thrones" will be based roughly on the first half of "A Storm of Swords", the third installment of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels. It will introduce a host of new characters, such as Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds), Jojen Reed (Thomas Sangster), Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick), Brynden Tully a.k.a. the Blackfish (Clive Russell) and Olenna Tyrell a.k.a. the Queen of Thorns (Diana Rigg).
Production kicked off in July and took place in several filming locations, Belfast, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco. The critically-acclaimed medieval series recently tapped Coldplay's drummer Will Champion to make a cameo appearance.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza