Zachary Quinto Allegedly Hints at Not Returning as Spock After 'Star Trek 2'
Will "Star Trek Into Darkness" mark Zachary Quinto's final appearance as Spock? Speculations ran rampant that Quinto has hinted at his departure from the "Star Trek" film franchise in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine.
The 35-year-old actor sparked the rumor as he stated that he's ready to "go in a different direction" with his career after "Star Trek 2" hits the U.S. cinemas on May 17, 2013. He added, "It's like an era of association with certain roles - a specific part like Spock, or a kind of part, like Sylar - is coming to an end."
Though a possible third "Star Trek" film hasn't been confirmed yet, writer/producer Damon Lindelof previously teased that the threequel had already been discussed. Besides, the main cast members of the J.J. Abrams-helmed franchise were all sealed for two more sequels back in June 2008.
Plot details for "Star Trek 2" are still kept under very tight wraps by Abrams. Aside from Quinto, the film will bring back Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho. Benedict Cumberbatch plays the villain, whose identity is still kept secret.
Fans who have been waiting to see first ever glimpses at the movie will be treated to the screening of its first nine minutes before "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" showings in IMAX theaters on December 14.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones