Zachary Quinto Allegedly Hints at Not Returning as Spock After 'Star Trek 2'
Will "Star Trek Into Darkness" mark Zachary Quinto's final appearance as Spock? Speculations ran rampant that Quinto has hinted at his departure from the "Star Trek" film franchise in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine.
The 35-year-old actor sparked the rumor as he stated that he's ready to "go in a different direction" with his career after "Star Trek 2" hits the U.S. cinemas on May 17, 2013. He added, "It's like an era of association with certain roles - a specific part like Spock, or a kind of part, like Sylar - is coming to an end."
Though a possible third "Star Trek" film hasn't been confirmed yet, writer/producer Damon Lindelof previously teased that the threequel had already been discussed. Besides, the main cast members of the J.J. Abrams-helmed franchise were all sealed for two more sequels back in June 2008.
Plot details for "Star Trek 2" are still kept under very tight wraps by Abrams. Aside from Quinto, the film will bring back Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho. Benedict Cumberbatch plays the villain, whose identity is still kept secret.
Fans who have been waiting to see first ever glimpses at the movie will be treated to the screening of its first nine minutes before "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" showings in IMAX theaters on December 14.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift