Artist of the Week: Rihanna
Scoring a lot of hit records and collecting countless awards doesn't make Rihanna slow down. Just a year after releasing critically-acclaimed album "Talk That Talk", she is preparing another CD and has already made a good start by ruling R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with its lead single "Diamonds".
Amid lots of criticisms following her reconciliation with Chris Brown, RiRi seems to express her feeling in the title, "Unapologetic". Undeterred by the mixed responses to her rebuilt relationship with Breezy, the Bajan songstress includes "Nobody's Business" that features her ex-boyfriend.
The 24-year-old artist samples Michael Jackson's 1987 hit single "The Way You Make Me Feel" for the upbeat collaboration. She hints that she will address the current media scrutiny over her as saying that the track is "basically the way I look at everything regarding my personal life."
In the spirit of her seventh album, RiRi announces a 777 promo tour that will take place for 7 days and span 7 shows in 7 selected countries. She is set to fly from one venue to another on a chartered Boeing 777 twinjet along with some of her Rihanna Navy members and a group of over 150 journalists.
"We are turning this jumbo jet into our tour bus," she gushes. "We're practically living on this thing for a week: sleeping, partying, all together. Me, my fans, the press...it's going to be a wild ride. I wanted it to be a rock n' roll adventure, and I think when it's over it will be the coolest thing I've ever done."
More Rihanna News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival