James Bond Actor Daniel Craig Pays a Surprise Visit to U.K. Troops in Afghanistan
English actor Daniel Craig paid a pleasant surprise visit to British troops stationed at Camp Bastion base in Afghanistan on Sunday, November 18. He also gave a special introduction for the screening of his latest Bond film, "Skyfall".
More than 800 British soldiers welcomed the Bond actor as he gave a speech and talked about the film before its screening. Craig then went on to tour the camp, met hospital patients at Bastion Role 3 Hospital, which specializes in treating trauma patients, and then engaged in friendly conversations with the soldiers.
According to the Ministry of Defence, the 44-year-old actor also got a chance to fire a couple of machine guns used by the British troops in Afghanistan and saw what kinds of trainings the soldiers need to undergo before being deployed to forward operating bases.
"It was really good morale for everyone - it's a decent thing for him to take time to come out and visit everyone here," commented Private Scott Craggs, who works as a medical technician in the camp. Another soldier, Rob Ingham said, "We get quite a lot of visitors here, but having James Bond was special."
"Skyfall" is the 23rd official James Bond movie and has reeled in $669 million, making it the highest-grossing installment in the 50-year-old franchise. Craig has taken the role of James Bond in the last three Bond movies.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance