AMAs 2012: Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift Are Among Early Winners
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift won early at 2012 American Music Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on November 18. The former was announced by Ryan Seacrest as this year's Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist, while the latter was presented a trophy for Favorite Country Female Artist by Eric Stonestreet.
Bieber, who's nominated for 2 more awards Favorite Pop/Rock Album and Artist of the Year, beat Flo Rida, Pitbull and Usher who took the stage earlier in the evening as an opening act. "This is for the haters who thought I'd be around for just a couple years," he said, before proceeding to thank his supporters including his mother.
When it was Swift's turn to collect her prize, she was asked by the presenter a.k.a the "Modern Family" actor if she's ever won an award before. Keeping her "surprise" face at bay, the 22-year-old blonde beauty thanked fans and took time to briefly mention her new album "Red". She beat Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood.
The third winner of the evening was Nicki Minaj. The female rapper grabbed Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album, pushing aside Drake and J. Cole. She has a chance to win two more gongs in Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist categories. She receives her first win from presenters Stacy Keibler and Ne-Yo.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia