AMAs 2012: Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift Are Among Early Winners
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift won early at 2012 American Music Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on November 18. The former was announced by Ryan Seacrest as this year's Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist, while the latter was presented a trophy for Favorite Country Female Artist by Eric Stonestreet.
Bieber, who's nominated for 2 more awards Favorite Pop/Rock Album and Artist of the Year, beat Flo Rida, Pitbull and Usher who took the stage earlier in the evening as an opening act. "This is for the haters who thought I'd be around for just a couple years," he said, before proceeding to thank his supporters including his mother.
When it was Swift's turn to collect her prize, she was asked by the presenter a.k.a the "Modern Family" actor if she's ever won an award before. Keeping her "surprise" face at bay, the 22-year-old blonde beauty thanked fans and took time to briefly mention her new album "Red". She beat Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood.
The third winner of the evening was Nicki Minaj. The female rapper grabbed Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album, pushing aside Drake and J. Cole. She has a chance to win two more gongs in Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist categories. She receives her first win from presenters Stacy Keibler and Ne-Yo.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand