Jeremy Renner Spoofs 'The Avengers' for 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" presented Jeremy Renner reprising his role as Hawkeye in "The Avengers". Together with fake Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Black Widow, and Captain America, Renner's Hawkeye tried to fight aliens with what's left of them.
"Hawkeye, it's time to do your thing!" Captain America took command. Hawkeye replied, "I'm out of arrows! ... I'm all out of arrows. I don't have anymore. So I guess I'm done, right? I'll be in the car. Stay safe!" Hawkeye then prepared to leave when America stopped him. "Hawkeye, you're leaving?" the Captain said in disbelief. Hawkeye said, "Well, yeah, I need my arrows. It's kind of my thing, right? I mean, you guys got this, right?"
Curious, Black Widow asked, "How many arrows did you bring?" Hawkeye said, "All of them, like 11." And when America pointed out that there were 100,000 aliens out there, Hawkeye calmly said, "Yeah, and I killed 11 of them. You're welcome!"
The sketch was not the only reference to "The Avengers" that night. Renner sang songs from his past movies including "The Bourne Legacy", "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" and "The Town". "You might not know that I play a little piano, and my dream actually is to write and perform theme songs for one of my movies. I've actually written songs for every movie that I've done, however they've never used any of them. It's too bad because I think they're pretty good," the 41-year-old said before sitting at a piano.
He sang to the tune of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon, "I've been running around / trying to take down the CIA / they won't leave me alone / I'm not from Treadstone / need to get away / you know I'm gonna shoot somebody / you know I'm gonna shoot somebody," he crooned.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift