'Breaking Dawn Part II' Took Huge Opening With $71.2 Million
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" is looking at a bright box office future. The last installment in the vampire series has taken in $71.2 million in the first twenty four hours it hit the theaters in North America.
The figure is slightly less than what its two predecessors gathered. The first part of "Breaking Dawn" took in $71.6 million last year while 2009's "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" still held the biggest opening in the franchise with $72.7 million.
Nevertheless, "Breaking Dawn Part II" will easily win the weekend box office with such opening. It is predicted to get between $135 to $140 million even though number will decline over the course of two days. James Bond movie "Skyfall", which took the first place last week, raked in $12.4 million and is likely to gather $42 million this weekend.
In the third place, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is expected to get $21 million after taking $6.4 million on its first day. Meanwhile, "Wreck-It Ralph" and "Flight" will take the fourth and fifth places with $18.5 million and $8.8 million respectively. These two earned $4.5 million and $2.5 million on Friday.
Other movies in the Top 10 box office this weekend include "Argo", "Taken 2", "Pitch Perfect", "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and "Here Comes the Boom".
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'