'Breaking Dawn Part II' Took Huge Opening With $71.2 Million
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" is looking at a bright box office future. The last installment in the vampire series has taken in $71.2 million in the first twenty four hours it hit the theaters in North America.
The figure is slightly less than what its two predecessors gathered. The first part of "Breaking Dawn" took in $71.6 million last year while 2009's "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" still held the biggest opening in the franchise with $72.7 million.
Nevertheless, "Breaking Dawn Part II" will easily win the weekend box office with such opening. It is predicted to get between $135 to $140 million even though number will decline over the course of two days. James Bond movie "Skyfall", which took the first place last week, raked in $12.4 million and is likely to gather $42 million this weekend.
In the third place, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is expected to get $21 million after taking $6.4 million on its first day. Meanwhile, "Wreck-It Ralph" and "Flight" will take the fourth and fifth places with $18.5 million and $8.8 million respectively. These two earned $4.5 million and $2.5 million on Friday.
Other movies in the Top 10 box office this weekend include "Argo", "Taken 2", "Pitch Perfect", "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and "Here Comes the Boom".
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes