Nicollette Sheridan's Appeal Against 'Desperate Housewives' Denied
After more than two years of fighting "Desperate Housewives" in court, Nicollette Sheridan faces yet another dead end. The actress has been denied an appeal against ABC and Touchstone Television over her termination from the ABC show.
The California Supreme Court issued the ruling on Friday, November 16. "The petition for review is denied," the court's chief justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye wrote. "The request for an order requesting depublication of the opinion is denied."
Sheridan, who played Edie Britt between 2004 and 2009, first sued the producers ABC Studios, Touchstone and show creator Marc Cherry, claiming she was fired after complaining that Cherry hit her during an on-set argument. She was suing for $20 million for discrimination and harassment based on sex, age and sexual orientation. Although she agreed to remove the accusations early 2011, she pressed on claims of assault and battery and wrongful termination.
Three months ago, Sheridan's petition for a new hearing was turned down by the California 2nd District Court of Appeal. She then appealed to the state Supreme Court, which now has denied her. According to THR, the case likely will next be referred back to the court of appeal, which will direct the trial court to allow Sheridan to proceed with a claim that her exit from the show violates the state's labor code. If successful, a new trial will be scheduled although ABC or Touchstone will try to get the case dismissed on procedural grounds.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death