Nicollette Sheridan's Appeal Against 'Desperate Housewives' Denied
After more than two years of fighting "Desperate Housewives" in court, Nicollette Sheridan faces yet another dead end. The actress has been denied an appeal against ABC and Touchstone Television over her termination from the ABC show.
The California Supreme Court issued the ruling on Friday, November 16. "The petition for review is denied," the court's chief justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye wrote. "The request for an order requesting depublication of the opinion is denied."
Sheridan, who played Edie Britt between 2004 and 2009, first sued the producers ABC Studios, Touchstone and show creator Marc Cherry, claiming she was fired after complaining that Cherry hit her during an on-set argument. She was suing for $20 million for discrimination and harassment based on sex, age and sexual orientation. Although she agreed to remove the accusations early 2011, she pressed on claims of assault and battery and wrongful termination.
Three months ago, Sheridan's petition for a new hearing was turned down by the California 2nd District Court of Appeal. She then appealed to the state Supreme Court, which now has denied her. According to THR, the case likely will next be referred back to the court of appeal, which will direct the trial court to allow Sheridan to proceed with a claim that her exit from the show violates the state's labor code. If successful, a new trial will be scheduled although ABC or Touchstone will try to get the case dismissed on procedural grounds.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7