Joe Simpson Pleads No Contest and Gets Probation
Joe Simpson pleaded no contest in his DUI case and got three years of probation. The father of singers Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson entered the plea to one misdemeanor count through his lawyer Shawn Holley on Tuesday, November 13.
Based on the record released on Friday by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Joe is also ordered to pay a $390 fine plus penalties and serve a three-month alcohol-education class. Another count of DUI was dismissed.
The 54-year-old was pulled over last August at about 10 P.M. on Ventura Boulevard in the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles. He was booked into a nearby jail where he spent a night before released without bail. He was later charged with two misdemeanour counts of DUI.
Joe reportedly had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner with his wife and had an alcohol level of 0.08 or above in his blood while driving.
Joe is also in the middle of a divorce proceeding. His wife Tina filed for divorce last month, citing "discord or conflict of personalities". A family representative said at that time, "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna