Joe Simpson Pleads No Contest and Gets Probation
Joe Simpson pleaded no contest in his DUI case and got three years of probation. The father of singers Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson entered the plea to one misdemeanor count through his lawyer Shawn Holley on Tuesday, November 13.
Based on the record released on Friday by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Joe is also ordered to pay a $390 fine plus penalties and serve a three-month alcohol-education class. Another count of DUI was dismissed.
The 54-year-old was pulled over last August at about 10 P.M. on Ventura Boulevard in the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles. He was booked into a nearby jail where he spent a night before released without bail. He was later charged with two misdemeanour counts of DUI.
Joe reportedly had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner with his wife and had an alcohol level of 0.08 or above in his blood while driving.
Joe is also in the middle of a divorce proceeding. His wife Tina filed for divorce last month, citing "discord or conflict of personalities". A family representative said at that time, "It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved. Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville