Bobby Brown Pleads Not Guilty to Third DUI Charge
Bobby Brown pleaded not guilty to DUI charge stemming for his arrest on October 24. He didn't show up during the court hearing and was represented by lawyer Tiffany Feder in a Los Angeles court on Friday, November 16, Deputy City Attorney Diego Edber, who served as the prosecutor in the case, told E! News.
In addition to the DUI count, the ex-husband of Whitney Houston was charged for driving with a suspended license as a result of a conviction of an alcohol offense and driving a car without a booze-sensing ignition interlock device. He could be sentenced for two years if he is found guilty.
According to Daily News, the judge accepted the plea and ordered the 43-year-old R&B singer to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings each week. The judge also refused Diego's request to impose a $75,000 bail on the singer. The next pre-trial hearing is scheduled for December 13.
On October 24 around 1 A.M., Bobby was pulled over by police between lanes around Corbin Avenue and Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana, Calif. Smelling alcohol, the officers administered sobriety tests.
The father of four failed the tests. He was then jailed at a nearby police station. "He failed a combination of the field sobriety test and the Breathalyzer. It sounds like he was cooperative," Sgt. Pablo Monterrosa with the Los Angeles Police Department told Daily News.
This is the third DUI charge for the former member of pop group New Edition. The first one was in 1996, while the second one was in March this year.
For the second one, Bobby pleaded no contest for driving with suspended license and not putting an ignition locking device. He was arrested in Los Angeles at the time for talking on his cell phone while driving and smelled of alcohol, according to police.
He was then placed under three years of probation. However, the judge dropped the probation as a result of the most recent custody. The "Nora's Hair Salon" actor was released on Friday, November 16 on his own recognizance.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises