Bobby Brown Pleads Not Guilty to Third DUI Charge
Bobby Brown pleaded not guilty to DUI charge stemming for his arrest on October 24. He didn't show up during the court hearing and was represented by lawyer Tiffany Feder in a Los Angeles court on Friday, November 16, Deputy City Attorney Diego Edber, who served as the prosecutor in the case, told E! News.
In addition to the DUI count, the ex-husband of Whitney Houston was charged for driving with a suspended license as a result of a conviction of an alcohol offense and driving a car without a booze-sensing ignition interlock device. He could be sentenced for two years if he is found guilty.
According to Daily News, the judge accepted the plea and ordered the 43-year-old R&B singer to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings each week. The judge also refused Diego's request to impose a $75,000 bail on the singer. The next pre-trial hearing is scheduled for December 13.
On October 24 around 1 A.M., Bobby was pulled over by police between lanes around Corbin Avenue and Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana, Calif. Smelling alcohol, the officers administered sobriety tests.
The father of four failed the tests. He was then jailed at a nearby police station. "He failed a combination of the field sobriety test and the Breathalyzer. It sounds like he was cooperative," Sgt. Pablo Monterrosa with the Los Angeles Police Department told Daily News.
This is the third DUI charge for the former member of pop group New Edition. The first one was in 1996, while the second one was in March this year.
For the second one, Bobby pleaded no contest for driving with suspended license and not putting an ignition locking device. He was arrested in Los Angeles at the time for talking on his cell phone while driving and smelled of alcohol, according to police.
He was then placed under three years of probation. However, the judge dropped the probation as a result of the most recent custody. The "Nora's Hair Salon" actor was released on Friday, November 16 on his own recognizance.
More Bobby Brown News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off