Zoe Saldana, Anna Kendrick and Common Chosen to Read Spirit Awards 2013 Nominees
The 2013 edition of Spirit Awards has chosen three notable actors to announce its nominees on Tuesday, November 27. The selected stars were Zoe Saldana, Anna Kendrick and Common, so Film Independent toppers Sean McManus and Josh Welsh confirmed on Friday, November 16.
"Anna, Zoe and Common have become an integral part of the Film Independent family and we are honored to have them join us for this big moment to announce and celebrate the best independent artists of the year," McManus said upon announcing the news.
Saldana, who had previously served as a presenter at past Spirit Awards events, will next be seen in highly-anticipated film "Star Trek Into Darkness". Kendrick, meanwhile, is a two-time Spirit Awards nominee who recently appeared in "Pitch Perfect" and "End of Watch". As for Common, he was an artist in resident during the 2008 L.A. Film Festival and he was last seen in "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".
The trio are set to read the nominations for the 28th annual Spirit Awards during a press conference event at the W Hollywood. The event will take place at 10 A.M. PT on November 27. Winners of the awards will be revealed on February 23 next year at a ceremony in Santa Monica that will air later that evening at 10 P.M. ET/PT on IFC.
Categories for the Spirit Awards include Best Feature, Best First Feature, Best First Screenplay, Best Director, Best Screenplay, John Cassavetes Award (given to the best feature made for a budget under $500,000), Best Male Lead, Best Female Lead, Best Supporting Male, Best Supporting Female, Best Cinematography, Best International Film, Best Documentary, and the Robert Altman Award.
There will also be special Filmmaker Grants prizes that include the Someone to Watch Award, Stella Artois Truer Than Fiction Award, Piaget Producers Award and the Jameson FIND Your Audience Award.
More Zoe Saldana News
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions