Rihanna's 'Diamonds' Gets Cool Remix From Kanye West
Rihanna might be busy jetting around the world for her ongoing "777" Tour, but back in the States, friend and frequent collaborator Kanye West has been working on a remix for RiRi's recently-released single "Diamonds" from her seventh LP, "Unapologetic". The new album drops on Monday, November 19.
The remix track kicks off with West getting into some pretty long lead raps and catchy tunes that mention "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and includes a reference to the Illuminati. "We in this party and nobody invited me/ We goin' crazy and I always use my best sense/ but it don't matter cause I'm always on my Fresh Prince," Kanye rhymes. The record producer and hip hop star also makes references to another rapper, Lil Reese, when he spits out the lyrics, "At the top it's just us," the signature line from Reese's single, "Us."
Rihanna and Yeezy have collaborated on other well celebrated tracks like Jay-Z's "Run This Town" and Kanye's "All of the Lights." In the new "Diamonds" remix, the two artists once again show how natural and seamless their sounds blend together and actually leave listeners wanting for more frequent collaborations between them.
The Bajan singer is still in the middle of her "777" Tour, which boasts the concept of "seven countries, seven days, seven shows." The show opened in Mexico City on November 14 and has since stopped by Toronto and Stockholm. Paris, Berlin, and London are also in the line up. The tour ends in New York City on November 20.
More Rihanna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special