Miley Cyrus Granted 3-Year Restraining Order Against Scissor-Wielding Intruder
Miley Cyrus could breathe a sigh of relief. The scissor-armed man, who tried to break into the former Disney star's home in Los Angeles on Saturday, September 8 morning, was ordered to stay away from her for the next three years.
Miley initially sought a permanent restraining order to prevent the trespasser named Jason Luis Rivera from visiting her again. The man was actually sentenced to 18 months, but he is likely to be released in May 2013 due to jail overcrowding.
Jason climbed the fence of Miley's house and hid in the bushes. He had a pair of scissors and claimed to be married to the fiancee of Liam Hemsworth when being apprehended by the cops. He was charged with two misdemeanor counts of trespassing and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
"I am a friend of Miley Cyrus. I am. She's my wife. Me and Miley have been friends for five years," he told to the cops. The songstress herself was not at home when the incident occurred.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama