Miley Cyrus Granted 3-Year Restraining Order Against Scissor-Wielding Intruder
Miley Cyrus could breathe a sigh of relief. The scissor-armed man, who tried to break into the former Disney star's home in Los Angeles on Saturday, September 8 morning, was ordered to stay away from her for the next three years.
Miley initially sought a permanent restraining order to prevent the trespasser named Jason Luis Rivera from visiting her again. The man was actually sentenced to 18 months, but he is likely to be released in May 2013 due to jail overcrowding.
Jason climbed the fence of Miley's house and hid in the bushes. He had a pair of scissors and claimed to be married to the fiancee of Liam Hemsworth when being apprehended by the cops. He was charged with two misdemeanor counts of trespassing and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
"I am a friend of Miley Cyrus. I am. She's my wife. Me and Miley have been friends for five years," he told to the cops. The songstress herself was not at home when the incident occurred.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash