Miley Cyrus Granted 3-Year Restraining Order Against Scissor-Wielding Intruder
Miley Cyrus could breathe a sigh of relief. The scissor-armed man, who tried to break into the former Disney star's home in Los Angeles on Saturday, September 8 morning, was ordered to stay away from her for the next three years.
Miley initially sought a permanent restraining order to prevent the trespasser named Jason Luis Rivera from visiting her again. The man was actually sentenced to 18 months, but he is likely to be released in May 2013 due to jail overcrowding.
Jason climbed the fence of Miley's house and hid in the bushes. He had a pair of scissors and claimed to be married to the fiancee of Liam Hemsworth when being apprehended by the cops. He was charged with two misdemeanor counts of trespassing and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
"I am a friend of Miley Cyrus. I am. She's my wife. Me and Miley have been friends for five years," he told to the cops. The songstress herself was not at home when the incident occurred.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans