Deana Carter Files for Separation From Husband of Three Years
Deana Carter really wants to end her relationship with husband of three years Brandon Malone. On Tuesday, November 13, the country music artist filed for legal separation in Los Angeles Country Superior Court and cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of the split.
According to the filing, the pair has gone separate ways since August 1, 2011. It also states that Deana asks for spousal support and wants Brandon to pay for her attorneys' fees. How their assets are going to be divided between them is not mentioned in the petition.
The "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" songstress walked down the aisle with Brandon on October 3, 2009 in Malibu. They don't have any children together. Before marrying Brandon, she dated music video director Chris Hicky and gave a birth to a son named Gray Hayes Hicky in September 2004.
The 46-year-old country singer released her debut album "Did I Shave My Legs for This?" in 1996 and it was certified with 5x Multi-Platinum in the U.S. She then released other albums like "Everything's Gonna Be Alright", "I'm Just a Girl", "The Story of My Life", and "The Chain".
Additionally, her songs like "Strawberry Wine", "We Danced Anyway", and "How Do I Get There" have landed on top ranks of the Billboard country charts. At this year's Grammy Awards, her song "You and Tequila" was nominated for the Best Country Song.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage