R.E.M. Release New Video 'Blue' Starring Lindsay Lohan and Directed by James Franco
Rock legend R.E.M.'s break up more than a year ago did not stop its members from giving one final go at their music with the release of a video for the track "Blue". The single is from the band's final 2011 album "Collapse Into Now", while its video is directed by eccentric actor James Franco, and features controversial actress-singer Lindsay Lohan.
"Blue" opens with a contradicting shot of a sign, which says "The End", and then goes into dissolves of nausea-inducing, hand-held and blurry shots of city streets, walking people, party scenes, worm's eye view of The Hollywood Walk of Fame, and aerial shots of the Los Angeles skyline. The series of images look like something straight off an experimental independent thriller movie.
The mix of disturbing and dizzying clips suddenly reveal scenes of Lohan posing for a video/photo shoot with famed celebrity photographer Terry Richardson at the Chateau Marmont while the night lights and hazy scenes of L.A. swirl around her.
The "Blue" video is part of the Collapse Into Now Film project launched back in March 2011. It tapped different artists to produce short films for every single track on the band's 2011 album. R.E.M.'s frontman Michael Stipe explained, "I went to people I really wanted to work with and I could trust them to do whatever they wanted. They had absolute free rein. In many instances I was surprised, in many instances I got what I wanted."
R.E.M.'s "Blue" Music Video
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'
- Ed Sheeran May Quit Music Once He Starts a Family
- Drake Denies Impregnating Instagram Model Layla Lace