Jennifer Hudson to Guest Mentor on 'The Voice'
Former "American Idol" contestant Jennifer Hudson is coming to another reality show. The "Spotlight" hitmaker has been booked to serve as a guest mentor to the remaining finalists of "The Voice" for its Monday, November 19 episode.
This isn't the first time "The Voice" brings in an "Idol" alum. In its last season's battle rounds, the show enlisted Kelly Clarkson to help Blake Shelton mentor his team.
During her appearance on the NBC singing competition, J-Hud will also bring an extended sneak peek of "Smash" season 2. The Academy Award and the Golden Globe-winning star has a role in the sophomore installment of the musical series, which will return Tuesday, February 5 at 9 P.M. ET.
The Effie White of "Dreamgirls" will portray Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). "Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt once said.
"The Voice" promo teases Jennifer Hudson's appearance:
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'