Jennifer Hudson to Guest Mentor on 'The Voice'
Former "American Idol" contestant Jennifer Hudson is coming to another reality show. The "Spotlight" hitmaker has been booked to serve as a guest mentor to the remaining finalists of "The Voice" for its Monday, November 19 episode.
This isn't the first time "The Voice" brings in an "Idol" alum. In its last season's battle rounds, the show enlisted Kelly Clarkson to help Blake Shelton mentor his team.
During her appearance on the NBC singing competition, J-Hud will also bring an extended sneak peek of "Smash" season 2. The Academy Award and the Golden Globe-winning star has a role in the sophomore installment of the musical series, which will return Tuesday, February 5 at 9 P.M. ET.
The Effie White of "Dreamgirls" will portray Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winning Broadway star who impacts the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty). "Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt once said.
"The Voice" promo teases Jennifer Hudson's appearance:
More The Voice News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance