ABC Cancels 'Last Resort' and '666 Park Avenue', CBS Drops 'Partners'
ABC and CBS pull the plug on their struggling freshmen on the same day. While the Alphabet decides not to renew drama shows "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue", the Eye cancels sitcom "Partners".
Reacting to the cancellation, "Last Resort" star Autumn Reeser tweets, "Thank you so much to all our #LastResort fans for your support! All 13 episodes will air, and there are some AMAZING stories coming up!!" Both the drama thriller and horror series "666 Park Avenue" will air the remaining of their 13-episode orders on the same slots.
On the other hand, CBS yanks "Partners" off the schedule effective immediately. Repeats of "Two and a Half Men" will fill in the Mondays, 8:30 P.M. ET/PT slot starting November 19.
Going up against "The Big Bang Theory" and "The X Factor (US)" on Thursdays, critically-acclaimed "Last Resort" only averages 7 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, "666 Park Avenue" doesn't pull impressive ratings as well with an average of 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating in the coveted demo, despite its strong lead-in "Revenge".
"Partners" also pulls in ratings which are considerably low for CBS' shows. It has averaged a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and a total of 6.5 million viewers. The show starring Michael Urie and David Krumholtz hit a series low earlier this week with a 1.8 rating in the key demo.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance