ABC Cancels 'Last Resort' and '666 Park Avenue', CBS Drops 'Partners'
ABC and CBS pull the plug on their struggling freshmen on the same day. While the Alphabet decides not to renew drama shows "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue", the Eye cancels sitcom "Partners".
Reacting to the cancellation, "Last Resort" star Autumn Reeser tweets, "Thank you so much to all our #LastResort fans for your support! All 13 episodes will air, and there are some AMAZING stories coming up!!" Both the drama thriller and horror series "666 Park Avenue" will air the remaining of their 13-episode orders on the same slots.
On the other hand, CBS yanks "Partners" off the schedule effective immediately. Repeats of "Two and a Half Men" will fill in the Mondays, 8:30 P.M. ET/PT slot starting November 19.
Going up against "The Big Bang Theory" and "The X Factor (US)" on Thursdays, critically-acclaimed "Last Resort" only averages 7 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, "666 Park Avenue" doesn't pull impressive ratings as well with an average of 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating in the coveted demo, despite its strong lead-in "Revenge".
"Partners" also pulls in ratings which are considerably low for CBS' shows. It has averaged a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and a total of 6.5 million viewers. The show starring Michael Urie and David Krumholtz hit a series low earlier this week with a 1.8 rating in the key demo.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch