ABC Cancels 'Last Resort' and '666 Park Avenue', CBS Drops 'Partners'
ABC and CBS pull the plug on their struggling freshmen on the same day. While the Alphabet decides not to renew drama shows "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue", the Eye cancels sitcom "Partners".
Reacting to the cancellation, "Last Resort" star Autumn Reeser tweets, "Thank you so much to all our #LastResort fans for your support! All 13 episodes will air, and there are some AMAZING stories coming up!!" Both the drama thriller and horror series "666 Park Avenue" will air the remaining of their 13-episode orders on the same slots.
On the other hand, CBS yanks "Partners" off the schedule effective immediately. Repeats of "Two and a Half Men" will fill in the Mondays, 8:30 P.M. ET/PT slot starting November 19.
Going up against "The Big Bang Theory" and "The X Factor (US)" on Thursdays, critically-acclaimed "Last Resort" only averages 7 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, "666 Park Avenue" doesn't pull impressive ratings as well with an average of 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating in the coveted demo, despite its strong lead-in "Revenge".
"Partners" also pulls in ratings which are considerably low for CBS' shows. It has averaged a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and a total of 6.5 million viewers. The show starring Michael Urie and David Krumholtz hit a series low earlier this week with a 1.8 rating in the key demo.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle