ABC Cancels 'Last Resort' and '666 Park Avenue', CBS Drops 'Partners'
ABC and CBS pull the plug on their struggling freshmen on the same day. While the Alphabet decides not to renew drama shows "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue", the Eye cancels sitcom "Partners".
Reacting to the cancellation, "Last Resort" star Autumn Reeser tweets, "Thank you so much to all our #LastResort fans for your support! All 13 episodes will air, and there are some AMAZING stories coming up!!" Both the drama thriller and horror series "666 Park Avenue" will air the remaining of their 13-episode orders on the same slots.
On the other hand, CBS yanks "Partners" off the schedule effective immediately. Repeats of "Two and a Half Men" will fill in the Mondays, 8:30 P.M. ET/PT slot starting November 19.
Going up against "The Big Bang Theory" and "The X Factor (US)" on Thursdays, critically-acclaimed "Last Resort" only averages 7 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo. Meanwhile, "666 Park Avenue" doesn't pull impressive ratings as well with an average of 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating in the coveted demo, despite its strong lead-in "Revenge".
"Partners" also pulls in ratings which are considerably low for CBS' shows. It has averaged a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49 and a total of 6.5 million viewers. The show starring Michael Urie and David Krumholtz hit a series low earlier this week with a 1.8 rating in the key demo.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet