Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher Continue Joint Charity With New Name
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher made a joint statement on Thursday, November 15 to announce their decision to continue the joint charity work they built in 2010. The ex-couple will change the name of the foundation following their separation.
The organization, which has been known as DNA Foundation, will be called THORN: Digital Defenders of Children. According to the ex-couple, the foundation will focus on battling digital crimes, especially on the children sexual exploitation.
"For the past three years we have focused our work broadly on combating child sex trafficking. It has become crystal clear in our effort that technology plays an increasingly large role in this crime and in the sexual exploitation of children overall," both artists stated. "We believe that the technology-driven aspect of these crimes demands its own attention and investment."
The charity foundation was founded in 2010, five years after they tied the knot. It aimed to protect children from child sex trafficking. The name, DNA Foundation, stands for Demi and Ashton Foundation.
In November 2011, Demi announced their separation after six years of marriage. However, up until now, they haven't filled for divorce. While the 34-year-old actor reportedly has been dating Mila Kunis for months, the actress, who has just celebrated her 50th birthday in Uni Emirates Arab, was said not in a hurry to find a new love.
"She's not desperate to date again but she is actually open to it which is a really good step. She wants to experience something new. She wants to fall in love again," a source revealed. "Demi seems to have rounded a corner. She's been forced to get real. As much as it hurts her to see Ashton in love with Mila, it's also been the push she needed to finally accept it's over for good between them."
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert