Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher Continue Joint Charity With New Name
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher made a joint statement on Thursday, November 15 to announce their decision to continue the joint charity work they built in 2010. The ex-couple will change the name of the foundation following their separation.
The organization, which has been known as DNA Foundation, will be called THORN: Digital Defenders of Children. According to the ex-couple, the foundation will focus on battling digital crimes, especially on the children sexual exploitation.
"For the past three years we have focused our work broadly on combating child sex trafficking. It has become crystal clear in our effort that technology plays an increasingly large role in this crime and in the sexual exploitation of children overall," both artists stated. "We believe that the technology-driven aspect of these crimes demands its own attention and investment."
The charity foundation was founded in 2010, five years after they tied the knot. It aimed to protect children from child sex trafficking. The name, DNA Foundation, stands for Demi and Ashton Foundation.
In November 2011, Demi announced their separation after six years of marriage. However, up until now, they haven't filled for divorce. While the 34-year-old actor reportedly has been dating Mila Kunis for months, the actress, who has just celebrated her 50th birthday in Uni Emirates Arab, was said not in a hurry to find a new love.
"She's not desperate to date again but she is actually open to it which is a really good step. She wants to experience something new. She wants to fall in love again," a source revealed. "Demi seems to have rounded a corner. She's been forced to get real. As much as it hurts her to see Ashton in love with Mila, it's also been the push she needed to finally accept it's over for good between them."
More Demi Moore News
- J. Cole Announces '4 Your Eyez Only World Tour'
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'