JoJo Debuts Funky Song 'We Get By' From New Mixtape
While preparing her third studio installment, JoJo will tide her fans over with a new mixtape "Agape". Shortly after announcing the mixtape, the 21-year-old pop/R&B singer unleashes its first track titled "We Get By".
The song boasts funky vibe which still showcases JoJo's soulful vocals. She recorded the song with her friends Austin Brown, Scott Bruzenak and Tommy Parker, known as The Backpackkids, who wanted to make "genre-less music."
"All I got are these hopes and dreams and this Cranberry Stoli," she sings the hopeful lyrics. She continues, "We get by, we get high 'cause tomorrow's goodbye/ I know it will be OK/ I believe in myself."
Described as a "labor of love from the heart without limits or boundaries," "Agape" is due to come out on December 20. JoJo will precede the release with a performance at The Roxy on December 4.
JoJo is gearing up to release her yet-to-be-titled third studio album in 2013 after scrapping "Jumping Trains" last summer.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video