JoJo Debuts Funky Song 'We Get By' From New Mixtape
While preparing her third studio installment, JoJo will tide her fans over with a new mixtape "Agape". Shortly after announcing the mixtape, the 21-year-old pop/R&B singer unleashes its first track titled "We Get By".
The song boasts funky vibe which still showcases JoJo's soulful vocals. She recorded the song with her friends Austin Brown, Scott Bruzenak and Tommy Parker, known as The Backpackkids, who wanted to make "genre-less music."
"All I got are these hopes and dreams and this Cranberry Stoli," she sings the hopeful lyrics. She continues, "We get by, we get high 'cause tomorrow's goodbye/ I know it will be OK/ I believe in myself."
Described as a "labor of love from the heart without limits or boundaries," "Agape" is due to come out on December 20. JoJo will precede the release with a performance at The Roxy on December 4.
JoJo is gearing up to release her yet-to-be-titled third studio album in 2013 after scrapping "Jumping Trains" last summer.
More JoJo News
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama