JoJo Debuts Funky Song 'We Get By' From New Mixtape
While preparing her third studio installment, JoJo will tide her fans over with a new mixtape "Agape". Shortly after announcing the mixtape, the 21-year-old pop/R&B singer unleashes its first track titled "We Get By".
The song boasts funky vibe which still showcases JoJo's soulful vocals. She recorded the song with her friends Austin Brown, Scott Bruzenak and Tommy Parker, known as The Backpackkids, who wanted to make "genre-less music."
"All I got are these hopes and dreams and this Cranberry Stoli," she sings the hopeful lyrics. She continues, "We get by, we get high 'cause tomorrow's goodbye/ I know it will be OK/ I believe in myself."
Described as a "labor of love from the heart without limits or boundaries," "Agape" is due to come out on December 20. JoJo will precede the release with a performance at The Roxy on December 4.
JoJo is gearing up to release her yet-to-be-titled third studio album in 2013 after scrapping "Jumping Trains" last summer.
More JoJo News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert