'X Factor' Sends Home Lyric 145 and Jennel Garcia in Double Elimination
"The X Factor (US)" voted off two acts in the latest episode of its second season. In a Thursday, November 15 results show, it was revealed that Simon Cowell's protege Lyric 145 got the lowest vote and they were immediately sent packing.
Two other acts with the lowest votes were Jennel Garcia and Paige Thomas of Demi Lovato's Young Adults group. Singing for survival, the former chose Hoobastank's "The Reason" and the latter went with Coldplay's "Paradise".
The judges then cast their votes. Both L.A. Reid and Britney Spears agreed to save Paige and vote against Jennel. Demi, on the other hand, chose to send home Paige, leaving Simon with the deciding vote. The British producer then voted off Jennel, sending the 18-year-old girl crying.
"Just happy that I've come so far," she stated upon learning her fate. To her mentor Demi, she simply said, "Thank you."
Hosts Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian later announced the rankings of the night. Tate Stevens and Carly Rose Sonenclar claimed the top 2 spots with less than 0.3 percent of the votes separating them. Arin Ray, who was in the bottom two last week, was close to enter the dangerous zone again since she landed on No. 9.
Also on the results show, Taylor Swift catered the audience with the first television performance of her song "State of Grace" from latest album "Red".
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up