'X Factor' Sends Home Lyric 145 and Jennel Garcia in Double Elimination
"The X Factor (US)" voted off two acts in the latest episode of its second season. In a Thursday, November 15 results show, it was revealed that Simon Cowell's protege Lyric 145 got the lowest vote and they were immediately sent packing.
Two other acts with the lowest votes were Jennel Garcia and Paige Thomas of Demi Lovato's Young Adults group. Singing for survival, the former chose Hoobastank's "The Reason" and the latter went with Coldplay's "Paradise".
The judges then cast their votes. Both L.A. Reid and Britney Spears agreed to save Paige and vote against Jennel. Demi, on the other hand, chose to send home Paige, leaving Simon with the deciding vote. The British producer then voted off Jennel, sending the 18-year-old girl crying.
"Just happy that I've come so far," she stated upon learning her fate. To her mentor Demi, she simply said, "Thank you."
Hosts Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian later announced the rankings of the night. Tate Stevens and Carly Rose Sonenclar claimed the top 2 spots with less than 0.3 percent of the votes separating them. Arin Ray, who was in the bottom two last week, was close to enter the dangerous zone again since she landed on No. 9.
Also on the results show, Taylor Swift catered the audience with the first television performance of her song "State of Grace" from latest album "Red".
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick