Jared Leto Goes Feminine as Cross-Dresser on 'Dallas Buyer's Club' Set
Apparently Matthew McConaughey wasn't the only one who went all-out to get into his character in "The Dallas Buyer's Club". His co-star Jared Leto also underwent a drastic transformation as a cross-dresser when he was spotted on the set of the AIDS drama movie on Thursday, November 15.
A series of on-set photos taken in New Orleans have hit the web, uncovering a first look at the 30 Seconds to Mars frontman channeling his feminine side while preparing for the shooting. Looking nearly unrecognizable, the singer/actor looked "sexy" in a brown furry coat that he paired with a cropped top that bared his taut midriff.
To finish off his "woman" look, Leto rocked a black mini skirt and a pair of purple stockings. He donned a long curly wig and sported smokey-eye makeup and fresh pink lipstick. He was joined on the set by McConaughey, who stepped out in a long-sleeved green shirt with dragon patterns on the front. Jennifer Garner was also spotted on the set, accompanied by husband Ben Affleck and their little daughter.
"The Dallas Buyer's Club" tells the true story of Ron Woodroof (McConaughey), a heterosexual man who was diagnosed with AIDS in 1986. Given only a few months to live, Woodroof began to smuggle alternative and illegal treatments into the U.S. and into the hands of other AIDS patients. Leto tackles the part of a flamboyant cross-dresser that is also a fellow AIDS patient who meets McConaughey's character in the hospital.
The movie is directed by Jean Marc Vallee with Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack penning the screenplay. Currently in the production stage, the film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce