Jared Leto Goes Feminine as Cross-Dresser on 'Dallas Buyer's Club' Set
Apparently Matthew McConaughey wasn't the only one who went all-out to get into his character in "The Dallas Buyer's Club". His co-star Jared Leto also underwent a drastic transformation as a cross-dresser when he was spotted on the set of the AIDS drama movie on Thursday, November 15.
A series of on-set photos taken in New Orleans have hit the web, uncovering a first look at the 30 Seconds to Mars frontman channeling his feminine side while preparing for the shooting. Looking nearly unrecognizable, the singer/actor looked "sexy" in a brown furry coat that he paired with a cropped top that bared his taut midriff.
To finish off his "woman" look, Leto rocked a black mini skirt and a pair of purple stockings. He donned a long curly wig and sported smokey-eye makeup and fresh pink lipstick. He was joined on the set by McConaughey, who stepped out in a long-sleeved green shirt with dragon patterns on the front. Jennifer Garner was also spotted on the set, accompanied by husband Ben Affleck and their little daughter.
"The Dallas Buyer's Club" tells the true story of Ron Woodroof (McConaughey), a heterosexual man who was diagnosed with AIDS in 1986. Given only a few months to live, Woodroof began to smuggle alternative and illegal treatments into the U.S. and into the hands of other AIDS patients. Leto tackles the part of a flamboyant cross-dresser that is also a fellow AIDS patient who meets McConaughey's character in the hospital.
The movie is directed by Jean Marc Vallee with Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack penning the screenplay. Currently in the production stage, the film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army