Jesse and Joy Win Big at 2012 Latin Grammys
Thursday, November 15 was a big night for Latin musicians as Latin Grammys held its 13th annual prize-giving event. Taking place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, the show witnessed Jesse & Joy becoming the big winner by taking home four kudos.
The Mexican pop rock group's hit song "Corre!" won Record of the Year as well as Song of the Year. The brother and sister duo additionally bagged Best Contemporary Pop Album for their effort "Con Quien Se Queda El Perro?" and Best Short Form Music Video for "Me Voy" visuals.
Other multiple winners that night included Carla Morrison and Don Omar. The former snatched Best Album and Best Song titles in alternative music field, while the latter was triumphant in Urban Music Album and Urban Song categories.
Also coming home victorious was Gian Marco Zignago. The Peruvian singer was awarded with Best Singer-Song Writer Album gong, which was presented during the pre-telecast. "This is dedicated to my family, children and everyone else," he said on stage while fighting back tears. "This album is for all the university students from my country to let them know that there are no limits."
The 2012 Latin Grammy Awards was hosted by actors Cristian De La Fuente and Lucero with Pitbull making a live performance. The show was attended by big names in Latin music such as Nelly Furtado, Juanes and Carlos Santana.
Below is the partial winner list of this year's Latin Grammy Awards. The complete list can be seen on the official site.
- Record of the Year: Jesse & Joy - "Corre!"
- Album of the Year: "MTV Unplugged"
- Song of the Year: Jesse & Joy and Tommy Torres - "Corre!"
- Best New Artist: 3Ball MTY
- Best Contemporary Pop Album: Jesse & Joy - "Con Quien Se Queda El Perro?"
- Best Traditional Pop Album: David Bisbal - "Una Noche en el Teatro Real"
- Best Urban Music Album: Don Omar - "Don Omar Presents MTO2: New Generation"
- Best Urban Song: Don Omar - "Hasta Que Salga el Sol"
- Best Rock Album: Molotov - "Desde Rusia Con Amor"
- Best Pop/Rock Album: El Cuarteto de Nos - "Porfiado"
- Best Rock Song: Roberto Musso - "Cuando Sea Grande" (El Cuarteto de Nos)
- Best Alternative Music Album: Carla Morrison - "Dejenme Llorar"
- Best Alternative Song: Carla Morrison - "Dejenme Llorar"
- Best Singer-Song Writer Album: Gian Marco Zignago - "20 Anos"
- Best Latin Jazz Album: Arturo Sandoval - "Dear Diz (Every Day I Think of You)"
- Best Latin Children's Album: Maria Teresa Chacin - "Maria Teresa Chacin Canta Cuentos"
- Best Classical Album: Cuarteto Latinoamericano - "Brasileiro: Works of Francisco Mignone"
- Best Short Form Music Video: Jesse & Joy - "Me Voy"
- Best Long Form Music Video: Juanes - "Juanes MTV Unplugged"
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie