Aaron Sorkin Reveals His Steve Jobs Biopic Will Consist of Just Three Scenes
For quite a while, people have barely heard any updates on Sony Pictures' untitled Steve Jobs biopic which has Oscar winner Aaron Sorkin serving as the scribe. Letting fans know that the project is still in the works, Sorkin revealed that he had crafted an unusual story format for the biopic of the late Apple founder. He said that the film would be comprised of just three scenes.
While attending an event for Newsweek and the Daily Beast on Thursday, November 15, Sorkin said, "I hope I don't get killed by the studio for giving too much away." He then spilled, "This entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only."
The screenwriter of awards-winning "The Social Network" elaborated that the three scenes would run 30 minutes in length and play out in real time. The scenes were "all set right before three major product [from Steve Jobs] launches." The said products were the original Macintosh, NeXt and the iPod.
In order to recreate the scenes, Sorkin admitted that he got some helping hands from Jobs' closest people, including Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. He shared, "I've been able to talk to these people who revere him in spite of the fact that he made all of them cry at one point or anothe. But he made all of them better at what they were doing."
Furthermore, the New York-born screenwriter dished on his plan to end the biopic with the text or voiceover of the iconic "Here's to the crazy ones" quote, which was featured in Apple's "Think Different" campaign in 1997. Said the scribe, "If I can earn that ending then I'll have written the movie that I want to write."
The Sorkin-penned Steve Jobs biopic still hasn't got an official title and still hasn't found a director and an actor to play the respected gadget mogul. A rival project, "Jobs", is developed at Five Star Institute with Ashton Kutcher portraying the titular character and Joshua Michael Stern serving behind the lens.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo