Jesse Tyler Ferguson Plans a Wedding, Talks About Having Kids
Jesse Tyler Ferguson wants to start a family with fiance Justin Mikita. The "Modern Family" actor opens up about his heart desire when doing a round of interviews at the launch of Tie the Knot, their line of bowties for Tie the Bar that benefits fight for equality in marriage.
"We're in the process of planning it," the 37-year-old star gushes to CNN. "It could be as early as this spring, and it could be the following spring. We're kind of waiting for some pieces to fall into place and to see what my work schedule is like next summer."
Talking about his dream wedding, Jesse says, "It's going to be a very nontraditional, very organic, very simple ceremony. We're not going to have a wedding party or try to find someone amazing to officiate. I think it will be a very short, very sweet and simple and hopefully beautiful ceremony."
"I haven't been to the Catholic Church in years so I would feel really weird to try and bring in those traditions -- it's just not us," he adds. "I don't even have any gay friends who have gotten married, but several of my straight friends had very untraditional weddings, and those have always been my favorite."
To E! News, Jesse reveals, "I did go get a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine but it's really a lot of over the top stuff, a lot of bridesmaids' gifts. ... We don't have a book of our dream wedding...It's a lot of learning as we go." Justin chimes in, "If we can find a venue, it's about the venue."
Of having kids, Jesse says. "It's something we've talked about. It's one of those early date questions. 'Do you want kids?' And we both do. But I'm just excited to get married and sit in the marriage place for a little while. I don't want to jump into kids right away. But, yeah, we both really want kids very much."
Jesse and Justin announced their engagement in September this year. The couple shared the happy news when launching their newly-created Tie the Knot website. "It's true, I popped the big Q," Jesse said, to which Justin excitedly replied, "I said yes!"
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier