Guy Fieri Fires Back at Harsh Critic Over Negative Review of His New Restaurant
Guy Fieri broke his silence on the unfavorable comment made by food critic Pete Wells about his new restaurant in Times Square. The celebrity chef said to Savannah Guthrie on "Today" show, "I thought it was ridiculous; that to me was so overboard."
The winner of "The Next Food Network Star" season 2 additionally accused the New York Times writer of doing publicity stunt. "It's a great way to make a name for yourself - go after a celebrity chef who is not a New Yorker," the chef slammed.
Guy, however, admitted that his place did have flaws but he said he's working to get them right. "We're trying as hard as we can to make it right, to do it right," he insisted on the morning show. "Is it perfect right now? No. Are we striving for it? Yeah."
Pete gave a two-page review full of questions dripping with sarcasm about Guy's American Kitchen & Bar. He criticized the menu "where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex," and the unsatisfactory meal. He also slammed the service in Guy's other restaurants.
The zero stars and poor rating given to the eatery didn't prevent fellow Food Network star Alton Brown from planning a visit to the place though. "It can't be as bad as all those snooty New Yorkers say," he tweeted along the hashtag of "wishmeluck."
Pete is not the only one who criticizes Guy's restaurant. New York Post's Steve Cuozzo previously wrote about his food, "I wouldn't feed the mess to a cat." Responding to the punch, the chef said on CBS' "Morning Show", "Well, they must not like their cat very much."
New York Times itself actually was not always so critical toward Guy. In 2010, the publication called him a "element of rowdy, mass-market culture to American food television," and said his "prime-time shows attract more male viewers than any others on the network."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show