Kanye West, Bruce Springsteen and More Join Sandy Charity Concert
Celebrities are still making efforts to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy from rebuilding their lives. Such artists as Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band and Alicia Keys will perform in a charity concert on December 12 at New York's Madison Square Garden.
Organized by Clear Channel, the Madison Square Garden Company and the Weinstein Company, the concert which is dubbed 12-12-12 will also feature performances from The Who, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, and Roger Waters. The organizers previously sponsored "The Concert for New York City" for 9/11 victims.
Proceeds from the concert will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund to benefit those affected by the superstorm in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, the tri-state area that were hit hardest by Sandy. Ticketing information and additional performers will be announced in the coming days.
Bon Jovi and Springsteen have contributed to another charity cause earlier this month when they performed on NBC's "Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together" telethon. The concert managed to raise nearly $23 million in a single night for The American Red Cross.
Another live telethon is scheduled to take place Thursday, November 15 night. "Restore the Shore" will air on MTV, featuring appearances by "Jersey Shore" cast, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian, Bruno Mars and more.
More Kanye West News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage