Report: Robert De Niro Feuding With Jay-Z at Leonardo DiCaprio's Bash
Apparently two A-list celebrities were involved in a feud during Leonardo DiCaprio's recent birthday bash at New York's The Darby. NY Post's Page Six shared the words that veteran thesp Robert De Niro and rap mogul Jay-Z "got into a tense beef," in which the senior actor called Beyonce Knowles "disrespectful."
Multiple onlookers revealed to the site that Robert gave Jigga a dressing down at the star-studed party. It was said that the 69-year-old thesp was angry because the Brooklyn rapper refused to return the actor's calls. The "Raging Bull" star reportedly wouldn't back down though Jay had tried to say hello and his wife Beyonce also tried to intervene.
A source told Page Six, "Bob was sitting at a table, and when Jay-Z went over to say hello, De Niro told Jay that he never called him back." Another source admitted to have overheard that the beef started when Robert complained to the Hov over a song that the rapper agreed to record for the Tribeca Film Festival. The veteran thesp tried to reach out Jay to discuss the matter, but the rapper reportedly never returned his calls.
Said the source, "Bob wasn't in any mood to make polite conversation," before adding, "He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn't matter who you are, that is just rude." Jay reportedly explained that he's terrible on the phone, but the source said that "De Niro kept telling him that he thinks he's the man, but that he was disrespectful."
Jay's wife Beyonce intervened in the argument but "that didn't calm Bob down." The source added that the feud had become "the talk of the party. Everyone was saying there's only one star in New York bigger and badder than Jay-Z, and that's Robert De Niro. He can be quite scary when he's angry."
Representatives for both Robert and Jay-Z refused to comment on the reported beef. However, a source close to the "Red Lights" actor insisted that what actually happened was just "a low-key private conversation between two people that was apparently overheard. It was not a heated discussion."
Robert and Jay-Z attended Leo's 38th birthday bash over the weekend which was held to raise money for the Red Cross. The party, which reportedly ended at 5 A.M. and cost almost $3 million, was also attended by the likes of Martin Scorsese, Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill, Edward Norton, Mark Ruffalo and Emma Watson.
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode