Christopher McQuarrie Could Direct Tom Cruise in 'Mission: Impossible V'
Tom Cruise's "Mission: Impossible V" project might be close to find its new director. After Brad Bird confirmed he wouldn't helm the fifth "Mission: Impossible" movie, Paramount Pictures has now set its eyes on Christopher McQuarrie to direct Cruise's signature action film franchise.
According to Deadline, McQuarrie is Cruise and producer J.J. Abrams' top choice for "M:I5" which is still in the early phase of development. Paramount and Skydance Production will soon hire writers to make the project official. Should McQuarrie close the deal, the Oscar winner will reunite with Cruise after they teamed up for "Jack Reacher" and "Valkyrie".
Though "M:I5" is likely still a long way to go, Paramount has made the project one of its top priorities. Cruise himself is equally excited about the next chapter in the Ethan Hunt saga and he recently shared that he already had some ideas for the concept of the upcoming movie.
"We're already working on different images. Talking conceptually," the "Rock of Ages" actor told Total Film. "I love traveling around promoting different movies because I'm always looking at different places, and I always walk around to see the city. I look at architecture, subways... coming up with different sequences."
The last installment of the franchise, "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" took in $209,3 million domestically and $693 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film in the series. It also became the highest-grossing Cruise-starring movie, knocking down 2005's "War of the Worlds".
More Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation News
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?