Selena Gomez to Release Next Album in Early 2013
Selena Gomez is obviously not wasting any time sulking in a corner after her breakup with longtime boyfriend, Justin Bieber. The 20-year-old singer-actress has just announced the release date of her fourth album due in March 2013. She got some extra boost of publicity for the album via a tweet from "American Idol" host and radio personality Ryan Seacrest.
Seacrest was with Gomez on Wednesday, November 14 for an event in Dallas connected to the host's Ryan Foundation when he tweeted, "@selenagomez just told me there will be a new album in March, fyi" and then linked a photo of himself with the former "Wizards of Waverly Place" starlet.
Gomez spent 2012 mainly on strengthening her acting career but now makes it clear that she is ready to embark again on creating her own music. Her 2011 album, "When the Sun Goes Down", gave her the smash hit "Love You Like a Love Song" plus a Best Female Video VMA nomination for the track's music video.
The former Disney star also said that for this new set, she wanted to try out new musical styles and work with such artists as Fun. and Taylor Swift.
"I want to go for producers that usually wouldn't want me to do their songs. I'd love to work with Taylor Swift, too ... Just to knock on the door. I also want to work with Fun. Different styles of music," the young star told MTV News back in June. "So I just want to do things differently for this album. By the time it comes out, I'll be almost 21, so I want to be able to - wow, that sounds really scary! I want it to be older."
News of Gomez's upcoming album arrives barely over a week after her sad split with boyfriend and pop sensation Justin Bieber.
More Selena Gomez News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal