Taylor Swift's 'Red' Is Still Atop Billboard 200 in Third Week
There is no stopping country pop princess Taylor Swift as she continues to reign the Billboard 200 chart this week with her album, "Red". The record is in its third week at No.1 and has sold 196,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The new album also gives Swift her first ever LP that spent its first three weeks at No.1. Her 2008 set "Fearless" went down to No.4 during its second week and 2010's "Speak Now" also spent two weeks at No.1 before dropping from the top spot. So far, "Red" has sold a total of 1.75 million in U.S. markets.
However, it is not only Swift who is soaring in this week's chart countdown. Newcomer Ne-Yo also scores big with his set "R.E.D.", selling 66,000 copies and landing him on the No.4 slot.
Another new player in the charts, Aerosmith, come in at No.5 with their LP, "Music From Another Dimension". It is the band's first album of all original material since 2001 and it has sold 63,000 copies this week.
Following Swift's top position is another debut from the "Now Music" franchise called "Now 44" with 99,000 copies sold. The "Now" series has an impressive record so far of sending all its past 43 regular titles to the top 10.
Singer Rod Stewart stays at the third spot with his "Merry Christmas, Baby" album selling 74,000 copies this week, while country crooner Jason Aldean slips to No.6 from last week's No.4 spot with his "Night Train" selling 48,000 copies.
At the No.7 slot is still Mumford & Sons' "Babel" with 41,000 copies while rapper Meek Mill's drops 2-8 with just over 41,000 figures for his "Dreams and Nightmares" set. Another rap star, Kendrick Lamar, also falls from the 5th spot and stays at No.9 with 40,000 copies sold of his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" LP.
Rounding up the top 10 for this week is Christian band Third Day with its new album "Miracle" closing with 29,000 copies sold. It is the band's 13th top 10 and sixth No.1 on the Christian Albums chart.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (196,000)
- Now Series - "Now 44" (99,000)
- Rod Stewart - "Merry Christmas, Baby" (74,000)
- Ne-Yo - "R.E.D." (66,000)
- Aerosmith - "Music From Another Dimension" (63,000)
- Jason Aldean - "Night Train" (48,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (41,000)
- Meek Mill - "Dreams and Nightmares" (41,000)
- Kendrick Lamar - "good kid, m.A.A.d city" (40,000)
- Third Day - "Miracle" (29,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support