'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Premieres Fantastical First Trailer
Lily Collins is a so-called Shadowhunter in the first "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" trailer released via MTV. Lilly plays a 15-year-old girl named Carly Fray who is gifted with an ability to see supernatural beings. After realizing that she's actually half-human and half-angel, Carly is dragged into a mission to battle the demons.
Clary's adventure begins after she heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City. There, she hardly expects to witness a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then, the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died.
The event marks Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within 24 hours, Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, while she herself is attacked by a demon.
"The Mortal Instruments" is also supported by Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Durand, Robert Sheehan, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, Jemima West and Kevin Zegers. The fantasy movie will open Stateside on August 23, 2013.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards