'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Premieres Fantastical First Trailer
Lily Collins is a so-called Shadowhunter in the first "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" trailer released via MTV. Lilly plays a 15-year-old girl named Carly Fray who is gifted with an ability to see supernatural beings. After realizing that she's actually half-human and half-angel, Carly is dragged into a mission to battle the demons.
Clary's adventure begins after she heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City. There, she hardly expects to witness a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then, the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died.
The event marks Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within 24 hours, Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, while she herself is attacked by a demon.
"The Mortal Instruments" is also supported by Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Durand, Robert Sheehan, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, Jemima West and Kevin Zegers. The fantasy movie will open Stateside on August 23, 2013.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son