Guy Fieri Meets Harsh Backlash Over His New Restaurant
Guy Fieri's new eatery in Times Square in New York namely Guy's American Kitchen & Bar has got a harsh comment from New York Times' critics. Pete Wells, in particular, has given a two-page review full of questions dripping with sarcasm about the confusing description of the foods on the menu and the meal served on the table.
Criticizing what he read on the menu, the critic wrote, "When you saw the burger described as 'Guy's Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,' did your mind touch the void for a minute?"
"Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex?" Pete continued to grill the celebrity chef about what was written on the menu. "And when we hear the words Donkey Sauce, which part of the donkey are we supposed to think about?"
"When you have a second, Mr. Fieri, would you see what happened to the black bean and roasted squash soup we ordered?" he added. "Hey, did you try that blue drink, the one that glows like nuclear waste? The watermelon margarita? Any idea why it tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldehyde?"
Pete didn't stop there as the service in Guy's other restaurants didn't seem to meet his satisfaction either. "If a customer shows up with a reservation at one of your two Tex Wasabi's outlets, and the rest of the party has already been seated, does the host say, 'Why don't you have a look around and see if you can find them?' and point in the general direction of about 200 seats?" he hypothetically pointed out.
Pete ended up giving the place zero stars and poor rating.
Pete is not the only one who criticizes Guy's restaurant. Last October, New York Post's Steve Cuozzo slammed the food served at the eatery by writing, "I wouldn't feed the mess to a cat." Responding to the unfavorable write-up, the chef said on CBS' "Morning Show", "Well, they must not like their cat very much."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season