Guy Fieri Meets Harsh Backlash Over His New Restaurant
Guy Fieri's new eatery in Times Square in New York namely Guy's American Kitchen & Bar has got a harsh comment from New York Times' critics. Pete Wells, in particular, has given a two-page review full of questions dripping with sarcasm about the confusing description of the foods on the menu and the meal served on the table.
Criticizing what he read on the menu, the critic wrote, "When you saw the burger described as 'Guy's Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,' did your mind touch the void for a minute?"
"Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex?" Pete continued to grill the celebrity chef about what was written on the menu. "And when we hear the words Donkey Sauce, which part of the donkey are we supposed to think about?"
"When you have a second, Mr. Fieri, would you see what happened to the black bean and roasted squash soup we ordered?" he added. "Hey, did you try that blue drink, the one that glows like nuclear waste? The watermelon margarita? Any idea why it tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldehyde?"
Pete didn't stop there as the service in Guy's other restaurants didn't seem to meet his satisfaction either. "If a customer shows up with a reservation at one of your two Tex Wasabi's outlets, and the rest of the party has already been seated, does the host say, 'Why don't you have a look around and see if you can find them?' and point in the general direction of about 200 seats?" he hypothetically pointed out.
Pete ended up giving the place zero stars and poor rating.
Pete is not the only one who criticizes Guy's restaurant. Last October, New York Post's Steve Cuozzo slammed the food served at the eatery by writing, "I wouldn't feed the mess to a cat." Responding to the unfavorable write-up, the chef said on CBS' "Morning Show", "Well, they must not like their cat very much."
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week