First Look at Malekith the Accursed on 'Thor 2' Set
A clear look at how Christopher Eccleston will look like as Malekith the Accursed in "Thor: The Dark World" has been uncovered in some new photos taken from the set of the film in London. The first-look images, which come out via I'm Not Obssesed, show the antagonist in his full elaborate costume joined by his Dark Elves army.
Malekith is seen sporting half-white and half-black face as well as long-pointed elf ears. His caped armor is dominated with black color and some metallic silver details on the chest, elbows and thighs. As for the Dark Elves army, they are seen rocking similar armors as their leader but are completed with elaborate silver masks and horns that make them look quite scary.
The ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, in the Marvel universe, is described as one of Thor's archenemies. The supervillain once wielded the Casket of Ancient Winters. Though having a vulnerability in iron, Malekith has the ability to manipulate various magic forces such as teleportation, energy projection, physical malleability and many others.
In "Thor 2", Chris Hemsworth's titular demigod must save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "The Avengers", the Asgardian hero fights to restore order across the cosmos, but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness.
Faced with an enemy that even Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
The second God of Thunder movie will hit the U.S. theaters on November 8, 2013.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign