Courtney Stodden's Thanksgiving Gig in Gay Club Gets Canceled
Courtney Stodden is no longer scheduled to work the pole at the famous Abbey club as initially planned. The internet meme, who rose to fame for marrying much-older guy Doug Hutchison when she was just 16, was supposed to dance and sing live at the famous gay bar in West Hollywood on Thanksgiving Eve, November 21.
Courtney's mother Krista Keller tells E! News, "It was too much for the Abbey to handle, too much press and controversy. Courtney's not disappointed. She rolls with the punches." Her rep, meanwhile, blames SBE which owns the club for the cancellation, "The reasons for the cancellation provided by SBE are a mystery to us and based on fear, in our opinion."
"It is most unfortunate that a venue such as the SBE-controlled Abbey needs to approve and censor performers that audiences want to see, and would not be able to control the crowds and paparazzi anxious to see Courtney's show," the representative additionally states.
"Courtney Stodden has a huge gay fan base and truly loves and adores everyone in the community," the spokesperson adds. "At this time, Courtney is heartbroken and we are currently seeking alternate opportunities for Courtney to make her debut club performance in West Hollywood."
Courtney, now 18, was supposed to debut her single "Reality" during the gig. "I'm super excited, it's going to be such a fun night!" she previously gushed. "You can expect to see a whole lot of sexy- me singing live and super-hot backup dancers!" She went on, "I love, adore and respect the gay community so much and canâ��t wait to meet everyone."
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger