Taylor Swift, One Direction and More Sign Up for MTV's 'Restore the Shore'
MTV has enlisted more than a dozen of A-listers to help "Restore the Shore". The likes of Taylor Swift, One Direction, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Carly Rae Jepsen and Jonas Brothers will join "Jersey Shore" cast to participate in the telethon aimed to benefit relief efforts in New Jersey, which was recently damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
Starting Thursday, November 14 at 4 P.M. EST, those celebrities will make personal calls to people who donate to the good cause. Also signing up for the same duty are Jay Leno, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell Williams, Pink, Kim Kardashian, Ne-Yo, Bruno Mars, No Doubt, Fun., Ludacris, Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton, Carson Daly, Ashley Greene, Dakota Fanning, Nikki Reed, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser and many others.
The one-hour special will air live on Thursday, November 15 at 11 P.M. from MTV's Times Square Studio, and will be available to the MTV Radio Network in addition to over 1,500 radio stations nationwide. "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips and Gym Class Heroes & Oh Land will serve as the musical performers.
"Jersey Shore" stars and Taylor Swift have been featured in videos urging people to make a $10 donation by texting SHORE to 85944. All funds raised during the event will be used to help reconstruct the Seaside Heights boardwalk and support the re-building efforts of businesses and residents in the area.
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby