Taylor Swift, One Direction and More Sign Up for MTV's 'Restore the Shore'
MTV has enlisted more than a dozen of A-listers to help "Restore the Shore". The likes of Taylor Swift, One Direction, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Carly Rae Jepsen and Jonas Brothers will join "Jersey Shore" cast to participate in the telethon aimed to benefit relief efforts in New Jersey, which was recently damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
Starting Thursday, November 14 at 4 P.M. EST, those celebrities will make personal calls to people who donate to the good cause. Also signing up for the same duty are Jay Leno, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell Williams, Pink, Kim Kardashian, Ne-Yo, Bruno Mars, No Doubt, Fun., Ludacris, Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton, Carson Daly, Ashley Greene, Dakota Fanning, Nikki Reed, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser and many others.
The one-hour special will air live on Thursday, November 15 at 11 P.M. from MTV's Times Square Studio, and will be available to the MTV Radio Network in addition to over 1,500 radio stations nationwide. "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips and Gym Class Heroes & Oh Land will serve as the musical performers.
"Jersey Shore" stars and Taylor Swift have been featured in videos urging people to make a $10 donation by texting SHORE to 85944. All funds raised during the event will be used to help reconstruct the Seaside Heights boardwalk and support the re-building efforts of businesses and residents in the area.
More Taylor Swift News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia