'Today' Appoints Don Nash as New Executive Producer
NBC has announced a new producing team of "Today". On Wednesday, November 14, the network officially named Alexandra Wallace, the executive producer of "Rock Center With Brian Williams", as executive in charge of the morning program, which means she will have executive oversight of the show.
Wallace has appointed Don Nash to replace Jim Bell as "Today" executive producer. Nash, who has been the show's senior broadcast producer for the past seven years, will be responsible for all four hours of "Today" program content and will lead the broadcast's management team and program staff starting December 1.
Steve Capus, NBC News President, said in a statement, "Don Nash deserves to be at the helm of 'Today'. He is a beloved member of the Today family who brings vision, commitment and a deep familiarity to all aspects of the broadcast. The formidable individual talents of Alex, Don and the 'Today' leadership are now combined and I'm confident our team is well positioned for success."
Bell has also commented on his successor, "I am thrilled for Don and for 'Today'. We have spent nearly every weekday morning together for almost eight years, and I know firsthand the show will benefit from Don's unmatched morning television experience, control room skill and leadership."
Bell himself will serve as the full-time executive producer of NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Games after leaving his post on "Today". Stephen Burke, CEO and president of NBC parent NBC Universal, said the reshuffle was intended to have Bell "take all his time to keep [Olympic] coverage on the cutting edge."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival