'Skyfall' Officially U.K.'s Second Highest Grossing Film Ever
"Skyfall" has officially become the second highest grossing film of all time in the United Kingdom. The latest installment in the James Bond franchise snagged 1.2 million pounds or $1.9 million on Tuesday, November 13 evening, Sony Pictures confirmed the figures.
Therefore, the Daniel Craig starrer has collected a total of 74.3 million pounds or $117.7 million by Tuesday, taking over "Toy Story 3" which collected 73.8 million pounds ($117 million) and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which collected 73.1 million pounds ($116 million) in box office. James Cameron's "Avatar" remains undisputed in the first place with 94 million pounds ($149 million).
For "Skyfall", it is an impressive number for a four-week release. Released towards the end of October, the 23rd Bond movie had an opening of $32.4 million in U.K. The figure gave "Skyfall" the second highest opening weekend sales in history falling behind the 3D-enhanced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". However, the latest figures make the film the highest grossing 2D movie release of all time on British shores.
"It's been a wild, fantastic ride. The holds have been extraordinary and people will want to see this film again and again," Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said previously.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos