'Skyfall' Officially U.K.'s Second Highest Grossing Film Ever
"Skyfall" has officially become the second highest grossing film of all time in the United Kingdom. The latest installment in the James Bond franchise snagged 1.2 million pounds or $1.9 million on Tuesday, November 13 evening, Sony Pictures confirmed the figures.
Therefore, the Daniel Craig starrer has collected a total of 74.3 million pounds or $117.7 million by Tuesday, taking over "Toy Story 3" which collected 73.8 million pounds ($117 million) and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which collected 73.1 million pounds ($116 million) in box office. James Cameron's "Avatar" remains undisputed in the first place with 94 million pounds ($149 million).
For "Skyfall", it is an impressive number for a four-week release. Released towards the end of October, the 23rd Bond movie had an opening of $32.4 million in U.K. The figure gave "Skyfall" the second highest opening weekend sales in history falling behind the 3D-enhanced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". However, the latest figures make the film the highest grossing 2D movie release of all time on British shores.
"It's been a wild, fantastic ride. The holds have been extraordinary and people will want to see this film again and again," Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said previously.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special