'Skyfall' Officially U.K.'s Second Highest Grossing Film Ever
"Skyfall" has officially become the second highest grossing film of all time in the United Kingdom. The latest installment in the James Bond franchise snagged 1.2 million pounds or $1.9 million on Tuesday, November 13 evening, Sony Pictures confirmed the figures.
Therefore, the Daniel Craig starrer has collected a total of 74.3 million pounds or $117.7 million by Tuesday, taking over "Toy Story 3" which collected 73.8 million pounds ($117 million) and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which collected 73.1 million pounds ($116 million) in box office. James Cameron's "Avatar" remains undisputed in the first place with 94 million pounds ($149 million).
For "Skyfall", it is an impressive number for a four-week release. Released towards the end of October, the 23rd Bond movie had an opening of $32.4 million in U.K. The figure gave "Skyfall" the second highest opening weekend sales in history falling behind the 3D-enhanced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". However, the latest figures make the film the highest grossing 2D movie release of all time on British shores.
"It's been a wild, fantastic ride. The holds have been extraordinary and people will want to see this film again and again," Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said previously.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms