Elizabeth Banks Announces Birth of Her Second Son
"What to Expect When You're Expecting" star Elizabeth Banks announced that she is a second-time mother. The actress revealed that her and husband of nine years Max Handelman's newborn son was conceived via gestational carrier, just like their firstborn.
"As 2012 winds down and Thanksgiving approaches, I have much for which to be thankful - personal, professional and Presidential," Banks wrote on her blog Wednesday, November 14. "However, nothing can match the joy and excitement my husband and I felt when we recently welcomed our second baby boy, Magnus Mitchell Handelman. Magnus joins older brother Felix, thus commencing a decade or more of close hand-to-hand combat."
The 38-year-old had Felix in March 2011. She continued, "Like Felix, Magnus was born via gestational surrogate. This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime. I am also so very thankful to our family and friends for their support throughout this process, as well as the Center for Surrogate Parenting for helping make all this possible."
Now, she turns her attention "to managing two boys under two. For which I am thankful. And all their poop. For which I am less thankful. Wish me luck."
Banks said previously that she had womb issue that caused embryos not to implant.
More Elizabeth Banks News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair