Jack Nicholson and Robert Downey Jr. Could Be Father and Son in 'The Judge'
Jack Nicholson could step into the courtroom with Robert Downey Jr. in a new movie. The critically-acclaimed veteran actor, who is notoriously known as a picky star, is courted to join "The Judge" which Downey Jr. develops along with his wife Susan.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. Pictures is actively approaching the two-time Oscar winner for Best Actor to star as Downey Jr.'s father. Though the offer hasn't been made official, it is said the actor already has the script in his hand.
The film itself sees Downey Jr. playing a big-city lawyer who returns home after the death of his mother to learn that his estranged father, a judge, is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.
The "Iron Man" actor serves as a co-producer in addition to starring in it. It is said that "The Judge" will likely be his next film right after he wraps "Iron Man 3". The original script was written by Nick Schenk before being repolished by Bill Dubuque. Set to work behind the lens is David Dobkin.
Convincing Nicholson to join the project might be a challenge for Team Downey as the senior actor is infamously known for being so picky with his movie project. Since 2003, the actor who got Oscar nominations for twelve times had only made three movies including 2006's "The Departed" and 2007's "The Bucket List".
Before he eventually signed on to awards-winning "Departed", the 75-year-old thesp turned down the offer to play Frank Costello for several times. He was finally convinced to star in the movie after having a direct meeting with Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese.
Most recently, Nicholson refused the offer to star in a movie project that's supposed to reunite him with writer/director Nancy Meyers after they worked together in "Something's Gotta Give".
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?