Ellen DeGeneres on Her 'SNL' Spoof: It's Weird to Be Impersonated
Ellen DeGeneres has reacted to "Saturday Night Live" take on herself. In a November 13 episode of her talk show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", the comedian made a few quips when sharing her feelings about being impersonated.
Calling Kate McKinnon who impersonated her a "funny" person, the wife of Portia de Rossi admitted, "It's fun to watch, but it's weird to be impersonated." She continued saying, "I look at it and go on, 'Do I sound like that?' "
Commenting on how precise "SNL" mimicked her, DeGeneres pointed out, "But they choose a trait about you and they kind of blow it up so it looks ridiculous. Like I never put my hands up and go, 'I'm Ellen.' " She insisted, "I never do that."
Later after showing a sketch which featured McKinnon's version of her dancing on the fake talk show, she enthused, "Very funny. It seems a little crazy. She made it look like all I do on the show is dance."
In addition to mocking DeGeneres, the "SNL" sketch titled "Ellen" featured Anne Hathaway making an impersonation of Katie Holmes. Talking with a smirk, the host of the November 10 installment of the variety program showed a more natural smile which she claimed to be her best disguise when she wanted to avoid paparazzi.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other