Ellen DeGeneres on Her 'SNL' Spoof: It's Weird to Be Impersonated
Ellen DeGeneres has reacted to "Saturday Night Live" take on herself. In a November 13 episode of her talk show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", the comedian made a few quips when sharing her feelings about being impersonated.
Calling Kate McKinnon who impersonated her a "funny" person, the wife of Portia de Rossi admitted, "It's fun to watch, but it's weird to be impersonated." She continued saying, "I look at it and go on, 'Do I sound like that?' "
Commenting on how precise "SNL" mimicked her, DeGeneres pointed out, "But they choose a trait about you and they kind of blow it up so it looks ridiculous. Like I never put my hands up and go, 'I'm Ellen.' " She insisted, "I never do that."
Later after showing a sketch which featured McKinnon's version of her dancing on the fake talk show, she enthused, "Very funny. It seems a little crazy. She made it look like all I do on the show is dance."
In addition to mocking DeGeneres, the "SNL" sketch titled "Ellen" featured Anne Hathaway making an impersonation of Katie Holmes. Talking with a smirk, the host of the November 10 installment of the variety program showed a more natural smile which she claimed to be her best disguise when she wanted to avoid paparazzi.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie