The Killers Cut Short Manchester Concert After Just Five Songs
Rock group The Killers had no choice but to cut short their recent U.K. concert. The band left the stage of their Manchester gig on Tuesday night, November 13 after frontman Brandon Flowers lost his voice and could not continue singing due to a worsening sore throat.
The band were able to play a total of five songs until Flowers stopped midway through the fifth song and informed the crowd that he was suffering from a nasty sore throat. The 31-year-old vocalist quickly apologized to his live audience and said that he was no longer able to perform and at the same time signaled to his other band members about his problem.
Following the incident, the group also apologized on Facebook and informed fans that their November 14 show has also been cancelled. "Manchester, we started something we couldn't finish and we're so, so sorry. Working on rescheduling tonight and tomorrow's shows. Will let you know new dates ASAP," wrote the Las Vegas band on Facebook.
Fortunately, fans were said to have reacted well to the unexpected turn of events during the show. People were also advised to hold on to their tickets and wait for further information about the rescheduled dates.
The Killers are slated to perform at the O2 Arena in London on Friday and Saturday and have also announced a show at Wembley Stadium next year.
The Killers' Brandon Flowers walks off stage in Manchester concert:
The Killers cancel Manchester concert:
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does