Andrew Garfield Talks Costume Change and Exploring Peter Parker in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Andrew Garfield has kindly shared some tidbits from his anticipated film "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The 29-year-old actor dropped some hints about what fans could expect from Peter Parker in the sequel set to arrive in cinemas on May 2, 2014. First things first, the actor confirmed recent rumors that Spidey's suit will change in the next movie.
Explaining the reason behind the redesigned red-and-blue suit, the Los Angeles-born thesp jokingly told E! News, "The suit is undergoing a redesign because I couldn't urinate in it last time. So I'm less nervous 'cause that's gonna be nice."
The real-life boyfriend of Emma Stone went on sharing that he'd like to explore Peter in the sequel but will still focus on his orphan life. "I feel really excited," he gushed. "I feel like we got over a hump with our first one. We had to reinstate the character, and we had to reinvigorate an audience to the character. And I hope to bring more of this theme - the theme of the orphan."
"I wanna keep exploring that theme of being fatherless, being motherless, searching for purpose and finding a purpose within himself, being a self-made man, I guess," the British-American actor opened up at the Worldwide Orphans gala in New York City on Tuesday, November 13.
Andrew elaborated more about Peter's development in "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, "It is a responsibility to play that role, and I don't take it lightly. I think there's so much to explore with that mythology and within the tension between living a double life, struggling with being good, struggling with choosing good behavior over bad behavior, with the pressures of a city on your shoulders."
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will bring back Andrew and Emma as Peter and his girlfriend Gwen Stacy respectively. Though the blond leading lady will still be featured in the sequel, it has been reported that Peter's other love interest Mary Jane will also make appearance. Shailene Woodley is said to be cast as M.J. Meanwhile, Jamie Foxx reportedly has been tapped to play supervillain Electro.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood