CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot Finds Its Lead in 'Tropic Thunder' Star
CBS' "Beverly Hills Cop" has cast Axel Foley's son. Brandon T. Jackson is the one who's lucky to nab the lead role in the TV pilot project, which will serve as "a continuation of the iconic 'Beverly Hills Cop' universe."
The 28-year-old actor/comedian will portray Aaron, a blue-collar police officer son of Eddie Murphy's iconic character, who works to "take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father." Murphy is expected to reprise his role as Axel.
The potential series is described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements. "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan will provide the script and team up with Murphy as well as his MiddKid Productions partner Marney Hochman to executive produce the project.
Jackson is best known for his role as Alpa Chino in "Tropic Thunder". His other acting credits include "Roll Bounce", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Lottery Ticket" and "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son".
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes