CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot Finds Its Lead in 'Tropic Thunder' Star
CBS' "Beverly Hills Cop" has cast Axel Foley's son. Brandon T. Jackson is the one who's lucky to nab the lead role in the TV pilot project, which will serve as "a continuation of the iconic 'Beverly Hills Cop' universe."
The 28-year-old actor/comedian will portray Aaron, a blue-collar police officer son of Eddie Murphy's iconic character, who works to "take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father." Murphy is expected to reprise his role as Axel.
The potential series is described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements. "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan will provide the script and team up with Murphy as well as his MiddKid Productions partner Marney Hochman to executive produce the project.
Jackson is best known for his role as Alpa Chino in "Tropic Thunder". His other acting credits include "Roll Bounce", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Lottery Ticket" and "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy