CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot Finds Its Lead in 'Tropic Thunder' Star
CBS' "Beverly Hills Cop" has cast Axel Foley's son. Brandon T. Jackson is the one who's lucky to nab the lead role in the TV pilot project, which will serve as "a continuation of the iconic 'Beverly Hills Cop' universe."
The 28-year-old actor/comedian will portray Aaron, a blue-collar police officer son of Eddie Murphy's iconic character, who works to "take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father." Murphy is expected to reprise his role as Axel.
The potential series is described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements. "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan will provide the script and team up with Murphy as well as his MiddKid Productions partner Marney Hochman to executive produce the project.
Jackson is best known for his role as Alpa Chino in "Tropic Thunder". His other acting credits include "Roll Bounce", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Lottery Ticket" and "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son".
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell