CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot Finds Its Lead in 'Tropic Thunder' Star
CBS' "Beverly Hills Cop" has cast Axel Foley's son. Brandon T. Jackson is the one who's lucky to nab the lead role in the TV pilot project, which will serve as "a continuation of the iconic 'Beverly Hills Cop' universe."
The 28-year-old actor/comedian will portray Aaron, a blue-collar police officer son of Eddie Murphy's iconic character, who works to "take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father." Murphy is expected to reprise his role as Axel.
The potential series is described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements. "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan will provide the script and team up with Murphy as well as his MiddKid Productions partner Marney Hochman to executive produce the project.
Jackson is best known for his role as Alpa Chino in "Tropic Thunder". His other acting credits include "Roll Bounce", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Lottery Ticket" and "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son".
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance